How We're Addressing COVID-19
What you need to know as the pandemic evolves.
In our rapidly changing environment due to COVID-19, A Balanced Life LLC continues to offer online services. We want everyone to stay physically and mentally healthy during this unprecedented time. Please look at our information for online services, as well as our full COVID-19 policy, which covers exposure prevention, telehealth policy, and precautions for providers, consumers, and children.
Providers at A Balanced Life LLC have an account with a HIPAA compliant Telehealth service called Doxy. Your provider will email you an invitation to the doxy.me account several minutes before your session is scheduled to start and connect with you when you enter the virtual waiting room. You will need a smartphone, tablet, or laptop with a camera and a decent internet connection.
A Balanced Life LLC’s policies regarding precautions against the coronavirus will remain as follows until further notice:
A Balanced Life LLC:
1. requires everyone to wear a mask;
2. requires social distancing;
3. disinfects all touched surfaces immediately following every visit;
4. offers Telemedicine to any client who would prefer to avoid public spaces to protect their health;
5. asks persons to stay home, and not come to the office, who are within two degrees of exposure to the coronavirus (meaning you have had contact with someone who has had contact with someone who may have been exposed to the coronavirus);
6. asks persons to stay home, and not come to the office, who feel ill, have any cold or flu symptoms, have a temperature, or believe you may have been in contact with someone who has been exposed to the coronavirus.
Please stay healthy. We will re-evaluate our policies as the pandemic situation evolves.
Helpful Resources provided by the World Health Organization Global Clinical Practice Network:
Helpful Links to information about COVID-19:
How Long Does the Coronavirus Last on Surfaces? (WIRED)
Coronavirus Resource Center (Harvard Health Publishing)
Information on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (child-specific resources pertaining to COVID-19)
Planning for a Coronavirus Pandemic (Public Health - City of Kansas City, Missouri Health Department)
Eighth Amended Order 20-01 (Quinton D. Lucas; May 31, 2020)